Sunday, July 24, 2011

Food, Food and More Food!

It's really a wonder I haven't shown up on one of those reality TV series on weight loss.  I've managed to lose a good amount of weight these past 7 months and I really have been good about keeping it off and changing my attitude toward food.  That all being said, I still love to have good food, just healthier stuff, for the majority of the time.  Last night it was Serrano Turkey Burgers with homemade Pico de Gallo and fresh guacamole.  We also tried a new recipe for sweet potatoes.  Sweet Potato Beer Fries.  They were good, but not nearly as good as the Cajun Sweet Potato Fries I make.
Because we made the pico and the guacamole ourselves, the burger probably ended up costing around $15ea, but oh so worth it!!!!!  (I think it would have been cheaper, gas and all to just go to Red Robin, but where's the fun in that?)  There is just something about a fresh grilled turkey burger that makes me want to eat it every night. (I don't, just for your info)
Before our grilled burgers, we went to our local Total Wine store.  Total Wine, to adults, is like Toys R Us to kids.  I know that I seem to talk about alcohol a lot and it's got leave some of you wondering if I have a problem.  Let me just tell you, I don't.  I love to have a drink, but only every now and then and for the most part, it's social.  On a rare occasion that I have a drink at home, Chris is always after me, because I can never finish it.   I'm in love with different flavors of alcohol, but mainly, because I love cooking with them.  It's fun to come up/find new recipes that I can make with whatever I have in the bar.  Total Wine has a great selection of everything a person could want and then some and all at reasonable prices.  I've got to watch myself in that store or I'll walk out with one of everything, just so I can concoct something new and exciting.  Yesterday, I found Triple Espresso Vodka!  Now, being that I LOVE Espresso, this seemed like a must have!  Good thing I bought it.....
I woke up this morning and felt a need to make something that would knock my socks off.  I found a recipe and the title alone won me out, before I even read the ingredients:  Chocolate Marscarpone Espresso Vodka Brownies!  You're kidding me, right???  Who wouldn't die for this?  If they cooked up half as good as they sounded, it was sure to be a winner.  It so was.  It was by far, one of the best chocolate desserts I've ever tasted in my life.  While the title suggests it's a brownie, I can't say that it was.  It was definitely not cake, but not brownie like either.  Chris said it just melts in your mouth.  I said that it was a great way to get even the hardest core workout freak, off their diet.  I had one bite....this morning and I'll be honest....had another bite tonight.  You can't eat much of it, as it's very rich.  A little goes a very long way.  Take a look.
Just looking at the picture, makes me want to reach in and grab the brownie.  If there's ever a time where you need to seal the deal, with anyone, this dessert would do the trick, hands down!  I'm a changed woman!  Between this Brownie and the Snickers Martini recipe I found, I will never be the same.  So, if you pass me and you see that glazed over look in my eyes, just know that I'm off daydreaming about Chocolate Marscarpone Espresso Vodka Brownies and a Snickers Martini.  Tomorrow is Monday and the gym is SCREAMING my name.  It was good while it lasted...............

No comments:

Post a Comment