Monday, July 25, 2011

Smiley Faces Are Haunting Me...

It's been one of those days.  We all have them.  Some of us more frequently than others...........I have to say I'm guilty of having quite a few lately.  I've been having some horrible back pain and while the bed is a wonderful part of the solution, I just want to feel like I can walk upright again, without pain.  I hate being grumpy and irritable and really, those around me probably hate it even more.  Sorry people!  This too shall pass, right?  Today, I went for a 90 minute deep tissue massage.  Ohhhhhh! I don't know if I've ever felt more relaxed and in so much pain all at the same time.  I knew I was in big trouble when I flinched as the massage therapist was rubbing my ARM!  I've never had sore arms before. When I left, the lady said to me "You could really benefit from a massage more often."  Of course I could!  Who wouldn't benefit from a 90 minute massage every week?  A) I don't have that kind of time and B) That would get awfully expensive after week 2.  So, while investing in a massage therapy salon sounds like a good way to make me feel better, I doubt the financial results would yield big investments.
I'm currently making birthday cupcakes, for the little girl down the street, to take to school on Wednesday.  I love doing things for the neighbors and it's great that they give me relatively free design reign, to create new and interesting masterpieces.   The cupcake designs were my idea and I was trying to come up with something that was relatively easy, not too girly (we don't want the boys in the class to feel left out), and something good for a 10 year old.  I found these cute smiley face cupcake liners and thought they would make for a fun looking cupcake.  I was content just to use the liner, put a swirl of buttercream on each cupcake and top with a Reeses Peanut butter cup.  If you know me, the more time I have to think about something, the more detail I feel I should add.  That being said, tonight I decided to make some very simple fondant smiley faces, that can also go on top of the cupcakes, just to give it that added punch.  I'll be honest, once you've made 30+ of these little smiley faces, they begin to creep you out.
Some of their eyes started to follow me, as I was working on other things.  Who is this happy all of the time?  What are they thinking about?  While I know that these faces are indeed made out of sugar and marshmallows, I can't help but wonder if they're sitting on the table, judging me for the lack of creativity I put into them.  Really, I've got to stop looking at them now.  They're creeping me out.
Tonight, I tried another new recipe - Cauliflower Au Gratin.  I'm on a Cauliflower kick.  I love vegetables and when I can cook them and disguise them to be something completely different than what they are, it's even better.  Cauliflower Au Gratin is pretty good!

It's really surprising what recipes people come up with, in order to eat healthier.  And it's even more surprising that I'm actually liking most of what I try.  Now, if only I could figure out a way to make Reese's Peanut Butter Cups a healthy alternative........................Any ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment