Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Onions in Bloom?

Summertime brings a lot of garden veggies here in AZ.  While our little "garden" struggles, our neighbors have a garden that thrives.  Today, upon delivering a cake to the Brook's, Emily asked me if I wanted some fresh green onions.  What a great thing to add to the Beef Broccoli we were going to have tonight!  I was told that the onions were kind of dry and maybe I should put them in some water, to try and keep them from drying out further.  Here's what my Husband did with them.........
Nothing says home, like a vase of fresh smelling Green Onions!  LOL!  Thanks, Emily!  These were wonderful and I really hope they bloom soon......I love fragrant Onion Flowers!!
I'm on a roll today, not only did I finish off a very fun cake (see my cake gallery @ www.alwayswithcake.com), make 38 cupcakes and then cleaned the kitchen down, but managed to find a use for our over-rip bananas.  I made some wonderful Whole Wheat Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bread for Chris.  The smell of chocolate, peanut butter, and bananas  wafting from the kitchen (mixed in with the blooming onion fragrance) was heavenly. Fresh out of the oven, I put a little Chocolate Banana Spread on the bread and ta-da..........
If you're not a fan of whole wheat, this might seem sort of bland.  I find that whole wheat is something that you have to get used to, but once you do, you see how much healthier it is for you.  Chris put his stamp of approval on it, so it's another recipe worth saving.
I think I'm done for the day.  I need some rest and a little Tivo time.

No comments:

Post a Comment