Thursday, September 8, 2011

Recipe - Strawberry Daiquiri Whipped Buttercream

I had a request for a Strawberry Daiquiri cake, for a 15 year old.  Since I won't put alcohol in a child's cake, I wanted to do something that taste like a Strawberry Daiquiri, only on the virgin side.  The cake part was easy enough, but coming up with a filling was another thing.  I decided to try doing a Strawberry Daiquiri Buttercream, with a twist.  It came out really light and fluffy, but with that distinctive Strawberry-Lime flavor.  I hope I get all the ingredients right, as I was just sort of madly pouring and mixing, like I was some sort of chemist.

Strawberry Daiquiri Whipped Buttercream

1 1/2 Cups Shortening
1 Cup Butter
8 Cups Powdered Sugar, Sifted
Pinch of Popcorn Salt
2 Tablespoons Lime Curd
2-3 oz Non-Alcoholic Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Mix (Thawed out)
2-3 oz Heavy Cream
1/4 Teaspoon Rum Extract
Zest of 1 Lime
* Lime Oil (Optional, but for additional Lime flavoring)

Mix Shortening and Butter together until fluffy.  Mix in half of the powdered sugar and a pinch of popcorn salt, along with half of the Strawberry Daiquiri Mix and half of the Heavy Cream.  Blend on medium until well blended.  Add the remaining ingredients and blend completely until smooth.  Buttercream should be light and fluffy, but not stiff.  Too stiff, add more daiquiri mix.  Too soft, add more powdered sugar.  Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment