Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Boat Oars

Every single day, I have checked Craigslist, in hopes that I would come across someone selling old wooden boat oars.  There hasn't been a sighting since I started checking.  With no prospects in my grasp, I broke down and purchased 2 brand new wooden oars at The Bass Pro Shop.  It was such a shame to bring them home and have to immediately sand them down and scruff them up.  I had big plans to paint these puppies and varnish was just going to get in my way.  I sanded, for what seemed like hours, making sure to get every inch of gloss off of these oars.  They were finally ready for fresh coats of paint.  Painting was tedious, due to the stripes and paint colors.  After a couple days of painting, the oars were ready for their new home on the wall.
Painted Wood Boat Oars
I'll be honest, after I got them up, I started having second thoughts.  Not about the oars, just about the placement of the oars.  I'm still trying to figure this part out and maybe after I find bedside lamps, I'll have a better idea if I want to leave them there or move them over the closet (which was option #2).  If I do decide to move them, Chris might not be happy with me again.  He had to paint half of the bedroom with a fresh coat of blue, due to all the holes from previous decor.  More holes = more paint.  Oops!
I also got around to hanging up my W-I-N-E cork project.  I photographed the letters a while back.  Here they are up on the wall:
Next week, I need to get the word, B-A-R done, to go on the opposite side of the picture (which you can't see) and then I can cross another project off the endless list.
Speaking of endless lists, I've already started thinking about Guest Bedroom #2.  So many ideas are whirling around in my head.  This room has never really been decorated completely, so it's nice to start from scratch.  The room is painted a wonderful darker olive green, black furniture, white wood shutters and white moldings. It's a beautiful color pallet and I think I'll stick with those initial 3 colors.  I've got ruffle curtains already planned out (Yes, Anna....once again, we're doing a lot of the same decorating).
Here's really thinking ahead............
Master Bedroom Dreams
I LOVE everything about this bedroom.This is the color scheme I want in our Master Suite.  For now, I'll be happy with what we have and every so often, I'll stare longingly at this picture and dream of days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment