Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fun New Finds!

Today I hit the Merchant Square Market Place in Chandler.  This place is comprised of tons of stuff, ranging from Antiques to old doors and shutters.  While I'm not much into antiques, there are a lot of projects that require stuff like old shutters and seems like they've been impossible to locate.  Well, I found a great old wood shutter today, along with a little red stool, that had me all excited.
Latest find.  The "Before" picture.
The shutter was fantastic, because it is just long enough that I could cut it in half and use it as two pieces.  I've already started striping the old paint off of it (luckily, the paint was pealing off pretty good when I bought it.) and preparing it for white paint.
The stool is so cute!  I've got a fresh coat of white paint on it and tomorrow I'll sand it down just enough to let some of the red show thru.  The bench cushion will be re-done and covered with burlap.  I might just get really creative and do some stenciling on the burlap before I staple it on.  Who knows?
I can't wait to sell some more of my things, just so I can go back to the Merchants Square.  I am especially fond of the outdoor merchants.  You need some rustic picket fences?  They have it.  What about a giant plastic Coke bottle display?  They have that too.  I've even found the long sought after oars I had been wanting.  Wouldn't ya know it?  Of course, now that I've already bought and painted two, I don't really need any more, so I'll have to find something else to buy.  
I've got a cake to work on for this weekend, so I'll have to put off the interior decorating projects for a couple of days.  I hope I don't have some sort of withdraw, while I'm working on cakes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment