Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pinterest!

Have your heard of www.pinterest.com?  Thanks to my dear cousin, I am now hopelessly addicted to yet another website.  Pinterest is this great site, that really is hard to explain.  It's basically a site for ideas, travel, home decor, party planning, recipes, etc, that people have found on the web and wanted to share with others.  You can create your own boards and "pin" stuff up on your boards, that you like and share it with the world.  I don't feel like I'm explaining myself very well, but take a look for yourself and you'll see what I mean.  I've got so many new ideas and projects, my Husband is looking to hunt Anna (my cousin......Anna, run for your life!!  Lol) and thank her in a very impolite way.  I'm working on home decor projects now that will have me off facebook in no time.  Guess it's both a good thing and a bad thing.  Check out this site, if you need one more thing to do in your life...........you won't be sorry.  :-)
Yesterday, I had Chris go to the store and get me a Sweet Potato.  I was craving Sweet Potato Fries and Zucchini, but I was missing the sweet potato.  When I went to peel it, I noticed that it was not the color of the normal sweet potatoes we buy, but a beautiful purple color.  I immediately grabbed my camera and wanted to photograph this deep purple-ish vegetable.
Purple Sweet Potato
Since I'm fairly new to even eating sweet potatoes, I decided I better look this up online, as I've had a bad one before and it's a horrible taste.  Turns out, there are purple sweet potatoes.  As I was peeling it, I was even more concerned, because the flesh was not the golden orange that I am used to.  It was rather white, like a normal Idaho potato.  And, this thing started to turn brown quickly after it was cut.  I tried to hurry things along and get it all coated to go in the oven, still not sure that it was going to taste even remotely the same.  Wow!  It was outstanding!!  Perfectly crispy.  I did find that I had to cook them a little longer than normal, but all the same........Cajun-Cayenne Purple Sweet Potato Fries.  Uummmmm!
Cajun-Cayenne Sweet Potato Fries

So, who's going to be the first one to tell me that these are incredibly bad for you??  I don't want them to be, but they tasted too good to be healthy.  I guess I need to do some more research on them.  For now, I'll just remember the taste of these crispy little guys and try not to think about all of the carbs that I shoved into my mouth.  (That's what the gym is for, right??)
I am getting so excited for next week...............
Josh Groban Concert!
Chris got me tickets to go to Josh Groban back in February.  I was so happy.  Josh hasn't been on tour in 4 years and I've been waiting forever to see him, live.  Unfortunately, Chris can't make the concert (I really don't think he's all that broken up about it, to be honest!), so I get to take my Cousin, Shauna.  Yea!  A girls night out AND it's her birthday!  So glad that she can go with me.  Will post details of the concert next Saturday.  Now....the biggest question is where to go to dinner before hand?......Guess I should get going on that.

1 comment:

  1. Tieing tennis shoes...packing bags...Taking cash Out so my cards can't be traced... buying a one way ticket to Australia (don't tell chris that part :)... And I'll lay low for a while with the kangaroo's hahaha. Oh I'm in trouble now! But it's sooooo awesome for idea's!! I'm actually going to attempt making my own laundry soap that I found on there this weekend. Super cheep and no crazy chemicals that make my husbands skin break out. And so many projects/crafts/ideas I want to try thanks to pinterest too. Cheers to creative project idea's :)

    ReplyDelete