Monday, August 1, 2011

It's 2:30am and I can't sleep

Why in the world can't I sleep?  I've taken my ambien and for some reason, here I am, up before the crack of dawn.  This can't be a good way to start anyone's week.  After finally tossing and turning, I got out of bed only to stumble to my computer.  It's not like I don't have plenty to do there.  That should put me to sleep!  NOT!
Okay, does this only happen to me?  I'm not what you'd call a shopper.  I do shop, but I have to know what I'm going in for and if I spend longer than 8 minutes in a store, something's wrong.  I go in get what I want and leave.  And, should they not have the item I'm looking for, I'm in and out of there quickly.  That's not so much my problem.  My problem is this:  I get an idea in my head of exactly what I want.  Take for instance today.  I have decided that our guest bathroom needs an overhaul.  It's been the same for 7 years, I want to change it up.  I want a vertical red and white striped bath curtain.  I want the stripes to be fairly wide and I don't want burgundy or wine or pomegranite, I want RED and WHITE.  I figured this isn't going to be too difficult to find.  How is this not a standard of bath curtain out there?  It's no where to be found, be it amazon, bed bath and beyond, sears, pottery barn, and many other stores I've never heard of.  Ebay wasn't much help either.  It directed me to red and white FABRIC.  Perfect!  It's just what I want.  Evidently, it's just a little tease, trying to get me to buy 10 yards of the fabric for $99.  That might be all good, but I don't have a sewing machine.  Not that I don't know how to sew, but I just don't have a machine.  Plus, I'm a little fuzzy on how to do grommets, so it's probably best I don't buy this particular fabric............even though it's staring at me thru the computer and screaming at me to buy it!  This is where the heart of the problem lies.  Once I've got something in my head, I have to have it.  I cannot/will not rest until I know I've found it.  It's the same with clothes, shoes, stuff for the house.  It's really frustrating, because I will literally dream about it at night.  My mind never shuts off!!  So, if anyone comes across a red and white striped shower curtain, please pass along the info.  This is what I'm looking for:

Not difficult, right?  I'm not asking for a modern drawing, featuring a lush tea garden and koi pond on my shower curtain. My little frustrations at 2:45am..........................

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean, I have the same problem with fabric and patterns. Will keep an eye out for the R&W striped curtain, and I can sew it if you just get the fabric!

    ReplyDelete