Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Bakery Room...and Dinner

So, I'm working on my "Bakery" room.  This room is solely dedicated to all thing baking and has become a great place for storing EVERYTHING!  I've bought bakery racks and shelving, had Chris make me a cake box storage rack and painted.  (The room isn't mustard color, as the pics below show.  It's more of a school bus yellow-orangeish color and pretty bright) Here's a few pics at what's been going on for the past year or so......

Now that everything has been organized and set up, I've been wanting to give it some sort of decoration.  I've been looking at different wall hangings and art work and just haven't found anything that I thought would be reflective of this room.  So, on Sunday I was browsing around Costco Photo Center online and noticed that you could purchase a poster board size photo of your own pictures.  When I clicked on the link, I found some more good news.  You could actually make a collage of your OWN photos, with up to 30 different pictures and you could get it printed on a 20x30" poster board.  Fantastic!!!  It would be fun to display some of my cake photos and have my own poster in the bedroom.  It was easy to do online, cost roughly $24 to make, and was ready within a couple of hours.  It turned out amazing, despite the fact that I put the same picture in twice....whoops!  This is how it turned out:
I'm sort of liking how everything is shaping up in this room.  Our next undertaking is removing the carpet and replacing it with Laminate Flooring.  Since this room isn't what's considered a high traffic area and is only 110 square feet, it's not going to be that expensive to do.  I wonder how long it will take Chris me to do??  Lol!  (Okay, we all know that I'm a control freak, but all the same, Chris will probably end up doing the majority of the job and I'll make a GREAT Foreman!!)  Anyone out there done there own laminate?  With the lock-in-to-place stuff.....is it fairly easy?  I've read up on it and done some research and it doesn't look all that difficult.  I've laid tile before, so I think if I can do that, I can do the laminate.  Guess we'll see.  I think I'll go get some samples....and then contemplate how to get more cake business, so we can pay for all of these fun projects  :-)
Dinner tonight was cooked on the grill by the incredible Chris Morris.  Greek Souvlaki with Tzatziki!  It was so good, I could have eaten a few more helpings, but I refrained.  (Recipe for this was posted back in July.)  The smells of Oia permeate the house.  (And, this particular meal is great for scaring away unwanted advances....the garlic smell that radiates off you afterward, is frightening.)

4 comments:

  1. I've put laminate in both houses we had in Alaska, you CAN do it! We just bought at house, I'm ripping out the 80's carpets to replace with laminate.... let me warn you... there's lots of crud/dirt that collects under the carpet. You may decide to do the whole house! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh I've been doing the same to my sewing room! Doesn't it feel so good to have it organized?! I knew Costco did huge prints fairly cheep but never thought of a collage of projects on one- You're so clever... Shoot... Now my brain is buzzing on what I could do with that idea :) maybe take interesting pictures of sewing supplies and create a cool poster collage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa and Anna. Lisa, I'll stick to doing one room for now and see how good it turns out. You're a brave woman, doing your whole house. Do you put all of those children you have to work, helping you out? Lol!
    Anna, isn't that collage cool? I had already thought of getting some pictures of baking supplies, tools, etc, and making another one for the room. Or individual pictures of the supplies, blown up might be cool too.
    Anyone have a suggestion for the window? I like the idea of keeping this room bright....and I'm not a fan of valances...

    ReplyDelete