Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Curtain/Window Covering

I think I've been rather productive since Chris has been gone.  Aside from the little paint disaster last night, I've got quite a bit accomplished.  Today, I was determined to finish my curtain for the guest bedroom.  Piece by piece, that room is starting to look completely different.  The curtain gives the room something it was so lacking.....depth!  I find it amazing how much one little item can complete a room.
Navy Blue & White Stripes with Knotted Rope
I saw something similar on my new favorite site pinterest, but didn't really care for the way they had done the top of the drawstring up.  So, I crafted my own version and came up with the knotted rope as my drawstrings.  It fits into the room really well.
Time to move on to my headboard.  I want to make a headboard out of old wooden boat paddles, but am having difficulty tracking paddles down.  Craigslist doesn't seem to have any and ebay has few and far between. I've looked at the local thrift shops, but am yet to even come up with 1.  I think I need 8-12.  If anyone has any ideas on where I might look for these, let me know.
I've started working on my t-shirt rug.  I saw a design (again on Pinterest) that was really fun, using old towels to make a knotted rug.  Well, towels just seem like they'd be a little rough, so I thought using old t-shirts might be a good idea.  And, while it is a fantastic idea, it's going to take me until next Christmas to get this thing done.  Two nights ago, I did 2 rows of knotted pieces and it took me over 2 hours.  I've only got 110 rows to go.  This is what I have so far:
Knotted t-shirt rug for guest bath
All I can see are all of the rows ahead of me.  It's a very large rug (27" x 43") I love how it looks, thus far, and it feels so soft.  Should be easy to take care of to.  Just throw it in the wash and go, that is, if I EVER get it done!!  With how long it's taken me so far, it will be time to redecorate again, once it's finished.  Any volunteers to finish this off for me???  Lol

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Love the rug! and the curtain! and the paddles idea but sorry I have no idea where to find them! with 10,000 lakes here and everyone owning a canoe in mn, I still have't seen old paddles just out for the taking... I was looking for just 1 old one a while back and gave up. I used chads table saw and drill press while he was working a few days ago... haha... made a cute old wood shelf and when he saw it the look of "how'd you do that with out my table saw and drill press" in his eyes was priceless, especially when he realized I had used them ;) ehhh come on... I took shop in middle school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that rug! Great idea, and the red-and-white looks great... but I don't think I'd have the patience for that. Good luck! If you find a quicker way to do it, I'll take one! =)

    ReplyDelete