Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Niece Arrived!

What a fun day today!  My 11 year old niece, Savannah, flew out from Sacramento to visit for a few days.  This is the 3rd year that she's got to fly on the plane by herself and see us.  It's always exciting to have her in town.  While I'm near exhaustion/death, by the time she has to head home, we always have a blast together.  After picking her up at the airport, we went and did a couple of errands and then I took her to http://www.sweetiescandyaz.com/  This is kids version of Heaven! (A KIDS version!  For adults with kids....more like a little nightmare!)  5000+ square feet of candy!  Candy for as far as the eye can see.  I get a sugar high, just walking in the store.  We got out of there only spending $11.  Not sure how that happened, but not bad for the lot of sweets that we got.  Once we got home, it was time to hit the pool.  Java, our middle Beagle, thought he should show Savannah how to get wet.........
He hates having wet paws, so when he got out, he went to town, licking and cleaning, making sure a hair wasn't out of place.

Funny, funny Beagles!  While Java was busy cleaning himself, Savannah enjoyed the pool and the 108 degree weather.  She's definitely not camera shy!

After the candy high had worn off, it was almost time for dinner.  Couldn't wait to get tonight's meal on the grill.  Greek food!  Just the smell of it reminds me of the streets of Oia.  It's been two long years since we've been to Santorini and I miss it dearly.  Sadly, I have to make do with Greek food.  Pork Souvlaki with Tzatziki.  If you haven't had Souvlaki, you're really missing out.  You can make it with either Pork or Chicken.  Either one makes for some fantastic eats! (I'll post the recipe for Souvlaki later)
Wonder, our youngest Beagle, thought Savannah might be good for a little Greek food under the table.....

Time for a little relaxation for this Aunt.........or so I thought.  A nice Haboob (dust storm) decided to roll thru.
Nothing like standing outside during one of these and eating a bunch of sand/dust.
Finally it was time to watch America's Got Talent and eat frozen yogurt.  Thanks to my Hubby for braving the weather and driving to get us all a treat.
I think that pretty much does it for the first day.  Not bad.  Not bad at all!  Tomorrow we start all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment