Thursday, October 20, 2011

Puppy Love

Cuddling is always best!
Buddy and Wonder just love each other to pieces.  It's so cute!  Since we got Wonder in February, we've found he's a little quirky.  He loves to curl up in his toy box, which is exceptionally small.  He also likes to sleep on the book shelf, on top of paper and crammed next to catalogs.  But there's nothing he enjoys more than curling up next to Buddy and taking a nap.  While there is plenty of room for everyone, Wonder will have nothing to do with open space.  He'll park his little behind down on top of Buddy or Java if he feels like it.  He makes us laugh, that's for sure.
While the boys are taking naps, I'm busy getting them ready for the pet sitters.  3 nights away and they love it.  They complain about the car ride (barking will ensue for half of the 10 mile trip), but once they get to the pet sitters, they are gone, exploring the 1.5 acres of land and playing with the pugs and other assorted dogs that might be on vacation too.  Good times for them and for us.
I'm off to Las Vegas, for a fun packed weekend.  I am so in need of a holiday, I feel like I might burst!  A few slots and some good eats on Friday, the Margaritaville Street Party on Saturday and the Jimmy Buffett concert on Saturday Night.  What more could a girl ask for??  Okay, if I could win some $$$$$, I wouldn't complain.  (I mean, I really need an iPad!)
One more thing before I jet off into the sunset....If you're looking for a really good book, you've got to read the book, Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford.  What a magnificent book about love, culture, war, Jazz, friendship and growing up.  There are so many facets to this book.  I actually first saw this book on the shelf at Barnes and Noble, when it first came out, but after reading the back, decided not to read it at the time.  It kept popping up in odd places and I finally recommended it for book club, without having read it, just because it felt like a book I was supposed to read.  Now, I wish I would have read it months ago.  I can't stop thinking about the characters of the book and asking myself questions about my own life.  Pick this book up, if you like to read.  It's by far, one of the best books I've encountered in a long time!!
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet


No comments:

Post a Comment