Thursday, September 29, 2011

Who knew that lots of people get up before 8 am??

I'm always the busiest, when I seem to have nothing planned.  Why is that?  You'd think that with a slow calendar, it would allow for some relaxation.  Fat chance of that!  Life just keeps flying right on by, busy or not.
This past week I started walking at 6 am, with a neighbor/friend.  For those of you that know me, mornings are NOT my strong suit.  As a matter of fact, when I told Chris that I was getting up to walk at that hour, he looked at me, incredulously, and then asked "What time did you say?"  I repeated the time back to him and you would have thought I just told him that I was dying.  The sheer look of panic in his face was priceless!  He knows me and knows that if I rise before 8am, this cannot mean good things for anyone involved.  I found it funny, on the first day I started walking, that he went out into the back yard, when he heard me coming out of the bedroom.  On normal mornings, I don't even speak to Chris, until after I've had my Starbucks or Frappe.  I think he finds it helpful not to talk to me until I've been up for a good hour or so.  Lol!  Poor guy!!  It's not just him......I've been like this my whole life.  I hate the mornings.  I hate everything about them.  I hate that I have to wake up.  I hate that I have to get out of bed and I especially hate that I have to eat breakfast!!  The thought of shoving food into my mouth when I first get out of bed, seems just gross to me.  I've never been one to eat in the mornings.  I was good waiting until lunch to eat.  But, in this past year, I've learned to make myself eat breakfast, because I know it's important.  I still find it repulsive if I stop and think about it, so normally I don't.  I just shove those Cinnamon Cheerios down the hatch and try not to think about the fact that I'm still half asleep.
Walking around the neighborhood has been a pleasant change, actually.  I don't mind being out and about and it's really nice to have someone to talk to.  It makes the hour go by so much more quickly, than when I'm at home on the treadmill.  I hope that we can keep up the early mornings, but know that it will be a challenge, as it stays darker longer and longer.  Come on, Kristina!  We can do it!!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment