Sunday, November 6, 2011

Time is flying!

It's hard to believe it's been two weeks since we got back from our mini holiday.   So much has been going on and then again, not really much is that interesting.  I've been busy with orders each week, ranging from cakes, to cupcakes and cake pops.  Cupcakes seem to be all the rage now and my orders are showing it.  I've done at least one cupcake order for the last 3 weeks and still have another one next week.  I've posted all of the pics up on my website:  Always with Cake!
The weather has taken a turn here in Arizona, and I can't say that I'm all that thrilled with it.  It's downright chilly!  So much so, that I've already had to break out my sweatshirts and long pants.  Can you believe it?  It's only November 6th.  We shouldn't have to start wearing our "cold weather" gear until December.  As you can clearly see, I've gotten a little spoiled with the AZ high temps.  Strange, how that happens, isn't it?  I grew up in Northern California, so a little cold weather is something I used to be accustomed to.
The dogs are taking full advantage of the cooler weather and have been quite rambunctious lately.  They had a blast in the yard today, playing around and chasing one another.  I was able to snap some really good pictures of them horsing around:
Wonder and his ball

Java and Wonder seem to be up to something....

"We'll take Wonder down, Buddy."

Gotchya!

Isn't this the way bears play?

We'll all just stand around and bark at one another.

"Run like the wind, Buddy!"

Now this is what we call an action shot!

So, the real reason I haven't done much blogging lately?  I've got a new toy!  Yep, I finally got an iPad2!!!  I've asked for it every single day, practically, since it came out, but we just couldn't justify the cost.  Well, I won a little bit in Vegas and got an early Christmas present (with much begging!) and whaaa-la:
My pride and joy!
Isn't he a beaut????  
I really can't stay off this thing.  I've loaded up on some great free apps, but have also gotten some itunes gift cards and have some apps that are really incredible.  If you have an iPad and are looking for a great app, here's a recommendation:  Star Walk
This app is amazing!!!  You point it up at the sky and it recognizes, not only where you're currently located, but all of the constellations, stars, planets, etc and shows you where they are.  The app was $4.99 and well worth every penny!  If you have kids, they would love this.  It's educational for both kids and adults.  As a matter of fact, I'm headed outside now, just to play.  The sky is a little clearer tonight, so hopefully, we'll be able to see some good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment