Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recipe - Balsamic Caprese Panini

Balsamic Caprese Panini
I love a Caprese Salad.  Especially when you get some really good Mozzarella and some home grown tomatoes and basil!  YUM!  So, when I came across this recipe for a Caprese Panini, I knew it was going to be good.....I just didn't know how good it was going to be.  This Panini is light and refreshing, for a sandwich, without giving up taste and flavor.  I think it has become one of my all time favorites!

Balsamic Caprese Panini


French Bread
2 Medium Tomatoes, Sliced
1 Package of Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced
Fresh Basil Leaves
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Cut French Bread to desired size. Coat one or both sides of bread with balsamic vinegar.  Top with a light coat of Olive Oil.  Next Layer on your basil leaves, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella.  Repeat with basil, tomatoes and mozzarella.  Cook in Panini maker until bread is crisp and mozzarella has slightly started to melt.

HINT:  Don't buy the cheap Mozzarella.  Buy the freshest Mozzarella you can find.  It really does make all the taste difference in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment